Saturday, September 11, 2010

One-dish Healthy



Suggest a one-dish meal that is healthy

Modification of one-dish meal

Today I am going to modify the Chicken chop with mashed potatoes that is normally served at the food court where I eat.

I will modify it by changing the gravy used on the chicken chop and the mashed potatoes to a mix of herbs like oregano, mint and a dash of black pepper. This is because the gravy contains often oil that is used to fry the chicken and the oil would greatly increase Trans-fat.

I will also remove the skin of the chicken, but I will keep the fatty parts as they lock in the flavor. Also, I will change the coleslaw into sautéed vegetables with olive oil so that I can cut down the mayonnaise and the large amounts of sugar used in coleslaw.

This is also a balanced meal because there is protein (chicken), dietary fiber (vegetables) and there is also carbohydrates (mashed potato). Also, there is fat, cholesterol, sodium in all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment